- 1 banana
- 100 grams of ayrshire low fat plain yoghurt
- 100 mls of fat free milk
- 2 scoops (1 serving) of Nutritech whey vanilla protein powder
- Pinch of chia seeds
- Measure all ingredients
- Blend the yoghurt and chopped up banana
- Add the protein powder and blend further
- Add 100 ml of fat free milk (add more if you want a runnier consistency)
- Serve in a glass with a pinch of chia seeds to make it look pretty and add some good fat
- Carbs; 55.6 grams
- Fat: 2.2 grams
- Protein: 37.9 grams
Why add the basic protein shake to your meals for the day?
One of the hardest macros to get enough of is protein. Carbs and fat are everywhere and mainly in your processed foods and bakery type consumables. I resisted protein shakes for a long time purely out of ignorance more than anything. Then when Ross got me to have one for the first time it did not go down well. I didn’t like the taste and had to force myself to drink it. But the good news is there are many great flavours and I cant believe I believe I struggled with them now. The best part of protein powders is they offer a concentrated source of protein (whey protein) for maintaining and building muscles. This smoothie is a quick, simple and convenient way to get some of your protein in to your day.
- No banana for no sugar.
- Substitute banana for a handful of berries (strawberries, blueberries etc).
- Have filtered water instead of milk.
- Leave out the yoghurt.
Other high protein meals below: