This friendly little meal came about when I was absolutely starving but unwilling to break my clean eating routine. I looked in the cupboard and there it was, coconut flour. I thought well its easy enough to make pancakes with oats but what about those that are gluten intolerant? Then it dawned on me, and coconut pancakes were born.
This is such a filling meal so its a great choice as a snack in between meals if you are always hungry. I’m not kidding it took me at least 2 hours to finish! The lemon and cinnamon are little extras that add a lot of value to the meal. Not only is coconut flour an amazing source of fibre but lemon juice is full of vitamin C and cinnamon helps to regulate sugar levels in the body. No excuses now guys, you can get coconut flour in most grocery stores in the health section. Ok it is more than your commonly used ingredients for pancakes so maybe do this every now and then if you are on a tight budget? On the other hand if you are gluten intolerant this is well worth the investment!
Coconut pancakes have a preparation and cooking time of approx only 20 minutes! My type of meal 🙂
- 100 ml of coconut flour
- 5 egg whites
- Filtered water until the batter is smooth.
- 1 tsp of coconut oil to cook
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cinnamon spice to taste
- Beat egg whites and coconut powder together. Using a blender is easier than using a folk but it does mean more to clean up so I opted for the “arm grease” grease method of using a folk. Gets those guns going, added bonus 😉 Add as much or as little water as you want. If you want a skinnier pancake you add more water. If you want a fat one less water.
- Heat pan and add coconut oil once heated. Pour the half of the batter at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown each side
- Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle some cinnamon spice on top and ENJOY!
- Carbs: 38.4grams
- Protein: 31.5grams
- Fat: 11.7grams
- Dietary Fiber 27.1grams
- Sugars 11.3grams
The numbers above come from myfitnesspal.
Are you looking to improve your lifestyle through exercise and nutrition? If so have a look at our live2thrive 12 week coaching program.
Please contact Steph for more information.
You may also enjoy the following recipes: